Episode 13: Evidence Matters...Today More Than Ever
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Cathy Mann, President of Cathy Mann & Associates; Jay Love, CRO and Co-Founder of Bloomerang; John Gormaly, Senior Analytics & Insights Officer at McMaster University; and Tony Myers, Principal and Senior Fundraising Counsel at Myers & Associates. Our topic was: Evidence matters. Why the nonprofit sector needs to embrace research.
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- Barriers and challenges to conducting nonprofit and, specifically, fundraising research
- Professionalizing the research process
- Bringing together pure academics and practitioners who conduct research (academic practitioners)
- Embracing a culture of deep thinking
- Developing curated research repository(ies) for the sector
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please share!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
EPISODE 13 PANELISTS
Cathy Mann & Associates Inc
CRO and Co-Founder
Senior Analytics & Insights Officer
Principal and Senior Fundraising Counsel
Myers & Associates
Edmonton / Calgary, Alberta