Episode 12: Hiring & Firing Confessional
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Alison Pidskalny, Campaign Director at YW Calgary; Michelle Regel, Director of Development at TELUS Spark; and Steve Baker, Chief Operating Officer at TELUS World of Science. Our topic was: What happens when we hire fast and fire slow? HR mistakes we keep making in the nonprofit sector and what to do about it.
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- Is slow to hire, quick to fire bad advice?
- Why 'panic buying' when hiring almost always ends badly
- When should the hiring process really begin?
- The importance of keeping a long term vision: hiring today, for tomorrow
- The secret to retaining great talent (hint: it's not all about the money)
- Hiring who your team needs vs. hiring who your team wants
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please click the share button!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
EPISODE 12 PANELISTS
Director of Development
Chief Operating Officer
TELUS World of Science