Episode 6: Why You Need to Hire a Data Scientist at Your Nonprofit
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Founder and Executive Director of the Place2Give, Gena Rotstein; Senior Advancement Analyst at McMaster University, John Gormaly; and Senior Development Officer Prospect Management and International Development with the Calgary Zoo, Melody Song. We discussed how nonprofits are using (or not using) big data to fulfill on their missions. You won't want to miss the engaging conversation that ensued!
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- The rise of social media listening and sentiment
- Who is using big data in the nonprofit sector? How is it being used?
- Translating analytics into action and impact
- Why understanding your data (big or small) is a smart investment
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please click the share button!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
Episode 6 Panelists
Founder and Executive Director
Senior Advancement Analyst
Senior Development Officer Prospect Management and International Development