Episode 8: Breaking out of the Echo Chamber
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Beth Ann Locke, Director of Advancement in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Simon Fraser University; Brad Jacobs, Chief Executive Officer of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation; Cathy Mann, President of Cathy Mann & Associates Inc; and Scott Decksheimer, Founding Partner of ViTrēo Group. We discussed how to advance the fundraising profession in Canada. It was an important and wide-ranging discussion.
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- AFP Canada Board of Directors - where is it going next?
- Developing leadership in the fundraising profession
- The value of mentorship & coaching
- Closing the fundraising research gap in Canada
- Diversity & inclusion in fundraising
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please click the share button!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
Episode 8 Panelists
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia
Chief Executive Officer
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
Cathy Mann & Associates Inc