Episode 9: If You’ve Seen One Board…You’ve Only Seen One Board
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Andrea McManus, Founding Partner of ViTreo Group, Sharilyn Hale, Founder & Principal of Watermark Philanthropic Advising; and Simone Joyaux, owner of Joyaux Associates. Our topic was Nonprofit Governance: Have we moved the needle? Do we need to?
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- The fundamentals of board governance
- Management vs. governance: are they distinct?
- Recognizing when it's time to 'bless and release'
- The trickle-down effect from corporate board governance
- Culture around the table
- Board performance evaluation
- Who is responsible for good governance?
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please click the share button!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
Episode 9 Panelists
Founder & Principal
Watermark Philanthropic Advising
Foster, Rhode Island