Episode 16: Millennials...We’re Just People, Too!
Welcome to BrainTrust Philanthropy Powered by ViTreo! Bringing you free flowing conversations with top leaders in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector so that you can become a bolder leader, build better relationships, and raise more money.
In this episode, we spoke with Daniel Lombardi, Relationship Manager at Benevity; Lauren McMurray, Director of Marketing and Communications at Alchemy Communications; and Siobhan Doherty, Development Advisor in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Calgary. Our topic was: Millennials and those who follow them are (or soon will be) be the largest giving demographic. What needs to change to better appeal to these donors?
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL HEAR:
- Conversations about whether the charitable sector out of touch with millennials
- How the millennials generation is different (and the same) as other generations
- Authenticity and connection: the way to the millennial donor's heart
- Why engaging millennials first as advocates and activists is the key to engaging them as donors and volunteers
- What are the social issues and charitable causes where millennials are making their gifts
Please let us know your thoughts below and, if you like what you heard, please share!
- Follow the BrainTrust Philanthropy Podcast on Twitter.
- Subscribe to BrainTrust Philanthropy on iTunes, or listen on Google Play.
- Follow ViTreo on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You can also subscribe to our Weekly News Updates.
EPISODE 16 PANELISTS
Director of Marketing and Communications
Development Advisor in the Faculty of Arts
University of Calgary