AFP 2018 Congress: Disrupt Philanthropy
AFP 2018 Congress: DISRUPT Philanthropy
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Toronto Chapter’s annual Congress is back and bigger than ever! This year, it’s all about DiSrUpTing Philanthropy – challenging old ideas to ignite inspiration, innovation and conversation! How can we continue to engage and grow as fundraisers? How far have we come and where are we going?
Our very own, Vincent Duckworth and Scott Decksheimer will be leading their own disruptive sessions at this year's Congress.
Be Bold! Cultivating Philanthropic Literacy to Help Your Cause
November 20th, 2018 11:00 am - 12:00 pm | Scott Decksheimer, CFRE
Leadership is crucial to successful fundraising. In fact, leadership is arguably your most valuable asset, and it isn’t reserved for the chosen few. Taking bold leadership means building knowledge within the entire organization, from the front line to the board. Rather than being constrained by fear of the future, step towards your organization’s capacity to change the future. In this session, Scott Decksheimer will lead a deep dive on how to advance culture using philanthropic literacy throughout an organization. The session is based on Scott’s extensive efforts within the profession, his work at building organizational plans, and an understanding of our collective challenges. He will provide ways to begin taking decisive action that advances fundraising with your organization and the profession as a whole.
- Learn what bold leadership is and why it is important for fundraising success.
- Learn tactics and tools to help improve philanthropic literacy in your organization – employees and Board
- Learn key actions and strategies for maximizing resources, improving leadership effectiveness, and creating results.
- Learn ways to build and improve the culture of philanthropy
What’s In A Name? Are Naming Rights At Risk?
November 20th, 2018 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm | Vincent Duckworth, CFRE and Suzanne Duncan, MA, CFRE
Naming rights have been a crucial component of Philanthropy across the nonprofit sector for, what seems like, forever. Recently, the government of Ontario issued guidelines restricting the naming of Hospitals in Ontario. As written, these guidelines fly in the face of one of the most important recognition and acknowledgment tools available to fundraising professionals. In this session, Canada’s leading expert on naming, Vincent Duckworth, will speak to this important issue and will teach how to advocate for the right to recognize donors in a challenging regulatory environment.
- Understand the current state of the naming rights in Canada and its potential impacts on philanthropy.
- Learn best practices and how to develop evidence-based valuations in philanthropic naming.
- Engage in a dialogue about how to work with donors, boards, and government on issues related to naming.