WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU...
Financial and Operations Manager
ViTreo Group Inc. is a privately held fundraising and non-profit leadership development company. We offer a broad range of consulting services to support organizational and professional growth, ultimately propelling organizations to better and more efficiently deliver their mission.
ViTreo is growing. This position offers an excellent opportunity to use your accounting and management skills while developing your career with forward thinking leadership and team members. Be prepared for a management role that is exciting and full of new challenges.
We are seeking an experienced individual with accounting, administrative, and management skills who is competent to work independently in accounting, financial administrative support and client services. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, can interact effectively both in-person and remotely and will take independent action to ensure that team members and clients are well supported in their activities.
The Financial and Operations Manager will be based in our office located in north west Calgary. They will work closely with ViTreo leadership and staff.
This position has the following specific responsibilities:
1. Independently complete day to day accounting functions including:
- Client invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking and credit card transactions and reconciliations; payroll, expense claims, activity tracking, etc.
- Month end general ledger reconciliations; compliancy filings for source deductions; corporate tax installments and payments; GST/HST, PST, T4’s, etc.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for discussion with ViTreo leadership, including revenue and cost projections, cash flow and planning documents
- Preparation of year end file for external accountants including reconciliations, accruals and amortization schedules
- Preparation of annual budget and annual cash flow statement
2. Work proactively with ViTreo leadership including:
- Allocations of client project revenue and associate costs
- Costing of client projects
- Preparation of client and associate contracts and agreements
- Tracking of consultant and associate deliverables on client projects
- Support human resource management as needed in alignment with and support of the President & CEO
- Office management, including leadership on administrative files
3. Work on client projects including:
- Support processes involving client projects and reporting
- Where necessary, assist on client projects
- Develop internal processes to improve efficiency and client support
- The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years’ experience in a business, with solid accounting knowledge equivalent to intermediate level CPA (CGA, CMA) or other designation
- Knowledge and experience in working with non-profit organizations is an asset
- Work with little or no supervision on meeting compliancy deadlines for payroll, GST, source deductions and corporate tax commitments
- Working knowledge of Alberta employment and labour standards
- Confident professional communication and interpersonal skills, with experience interacting with senior management and business leaders
- Exceptional computer skills (see technical qualifications)
- Keen attention to technical accounting detail as well as grammar, spelling and communication skills
- A high standard of maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Willing to take initiative and be challenged
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (car sharing is acceptable) as some tasks require driving to multiple locations in Calgary
The successful candidate will have experience with the following programs:
- Quickbooks Premier
- Microsoft Office; Word and Excel
- Adobe Acrobat DC or PDF editors
- GSuite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Contacts)
- Telpay or other web-based payment software
- CRA web forms and web filing software
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.
Please send résumé with a personal cover letter by e-mail to:
Cathy Lamb: email@example.com